Makala / Kala Waterman Tomato Red Plastic Soprano Ukulele
Makala / Kala Waterman Plastic Soprano Ukuleles
THE WATERMAN STORY…
KALA Ukulele, known for several brands of high quality yet affordable instruments, has been inspired by the 1950’s Maccaferri ukulele and created a new uke with a focus on the outdoor enthusiast. “The Waterman” is a ukulele for everyone but pays special tribute to people that live the waterman, outdoor lifestyle.
The Waterman Ukulele pays homage in part to the legendary ukulele designer, Mario Maccaferri. Inspired by the 1939 World’s Fair, he saw plastic as the material of the future. Mario eventually combined his skills as a luthier and his business of injection molding and invented the Maccaferi Ukulele. After being endorsed by entertainer, Arthur Godfrey, on his TV show, 9 million of the Maccaferri ukes were sold between 1949 and 1969.
KALA has taken the Maccaferri concept and brought it to another level.
The innovative Waterman is a high-quality, affordable ukulele that sounds great and stays in tune. It is the portable, take-anywhere ukulele.
It’s the ultimate outdoor ukulele. Take it to the beach, the river, the lake, the mountains…. Take the Waterman anyplace…. anytime. It’s your uke for the road.
- Tomato Red Colored Top
- Easy to keep clean
- High-quality composite construction
- Nickel-plated open-gear tuners
- Aquila Super Nylgut Strings
- Logo backpack bag included
- UKE Republic Includes Pro Setup
(All models can be easily converted for left-handed players!)
- Scale: 13-9/16” (344.488mm)
- Overall length: 21-1/4” (539.75mm)
- Body length: 9 -1/4” (234.95mm)
- Number of frets: 12
- Width at upper bout: 5” (127mm)
- Width at lower bout: 6 -1/2” (177.8mm)
- Width at waist: 4” (101.6mm)
- Body depth: 2 - 1/4” (57.15mm)
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/8” (34.925mm)
- Fingerboard width at neck/ body joint: 1-5/8” (41.275mm)