Islander "Plant A Tree" Beginner Concert Ukulele Package
Everything a beginning ukulele player will need!
**For every 1 Islander "Plant A Tree" Concert Ukulele Package bought, Kanile'a Ukulele will plant 1 Koa Tree.
Package includes: 1 Mahogany Concert Ukulele, 1 Digital Clip-On Tuner, 1 Islander Micro-Fiber Cleaning Cloth, 1 Islander Draw-String Carrying Bag, 1 Reforest Hawai'i Certificate
- Scale: Concert
- Top: Mahogany
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Okume
- Fingerboard: Walnut, 19 frets
- Inserts: ABS dots
- Nut: NuBone
- Bridge: Walnut, with black ABS pins
- Rosette: abalone sticker
- Bindings: ABS, cream color (top and back)
- Tuners: die-cast, chrome, black buttons
- Strings: Aquila
- Colour: Natural
- included: bag with handle
- included: tuner
- included: cleaning cloth with chords grid
- Certificate "reforest Hawai"
- UKE Republic Includes Pro Setup for Optimal Sound and Playability
- Width at nut: 38 mm (1 1/2")
- Scale length: 381 mm (15")
- Total length: 609 mm (24")
- Maximum width between upper sides: 152 mm (6")
- Maximum width between lower sides: 206 mm (8.13")
- Minimum width between sides: 127 mm (5")
- Body thickness: 58 mm (2.28") to 65 mm (2.55")
**From Islander Ukulele Website - 1 Koa Tree for Every 1 Islander Ukulele Program
Not only do we ensure that our instruments last for generations, we work diligently to secure the health of our ‘Āina(Land) for future generations. Islander and Kanile‘a ‘Ukulele are the only ‘Ukulele manufacturerʻs actively reforesting the native Hawaiian forest.
Our reforestation project is located in Kealakekua, HI. Our reforestation project occurs on the ranch of Nani ‘Ekolu, meaning; The Beautiful Three. Nani ‘Ekolu sits perfectly where the prominent mountain ranges on the Big Island are visible, Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Hualālai.
In 2017, Kanile‘a ‘Ukulele committed to planting one Koa tree for every ‘ukulele created. In 2017, Kanile‘a planted and continues to maintain 5,000 Koa trees. In 2018, Kanile‘a planted 8,800 Koa Trees, along with native trees.
In 2019, Islander ‘Ukulele is committed to helping the native Hawaiian rainforest along with the brother company. Islander ‘Ukulele is now committed to planting one Koa tree for every ‘ukulele built. This seems like an impossible feat, but with true intentions and sufficient support, the commitment will be surpassed by thousands.
If you are interested in sponsoring a Koa tree or just want to learn more about the project, please visit the Reforest Hawaii web site.